Computer Engineering (CE) students are required to perform a four-week compulsory internship before graduation. The internship process is administered by the and Internship Commission. The internship must be done and reported according to rules specified in after carefully reading the additional information below as well as the general information in .
Asst. Prof. Dr. Kutluhan Erol, Office: A208, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +90 (232) 488 8375
Prof. Dr. Cem Evrendilek
Asst. Prof. Dr. Alper Demir
- Internship is one of the most important components of your education. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about the industry, develop a network of connections, improve your skills, and expand your horizons. Be proactive in identifying and working on meaningful engineering tasks. At a minimum learn new tools, applications, and gather domain knowledge in the corporation’s line of business. It is acceptable to learn about/perform some computer technician tasks such as making Ethernet cables, troubleshooting printer problems, formatting disks, installing applications etc., but such tasks should not dominate your internship.
- The student must identify a suitable firm that employs other computer engineers that can supervise interns. Some firms demand a letter from the university that the internship is mandatory. The student can obtain such a letter by filling the online form at . Other forms such as must be filled on a computer, stamped and signed by the firm and mailed or emailed from the student's university email account to the career center and also to chair of the department internship committee for approval.
- Internship Report must be thought of as a technical report, not as a list of survey questions to be answered. Each question must be thought of as a section topic. Each section must be named appropriately, e.g. 1. General Corporate Information 2. Corporate Organizational Structure, etc. rather than 1. Question 1, 2. Question 2, etc. Do not forget to update the page numbers in the Table of Contents Section. No additional questions for CE students.
- The report must be in English. It must be well written, adhering to technical writing standards, free of grammar or spelling errors. Make sure to utilize a spell checker.
- Avoid plagiarism. When copying materials from other sources (e.g. corporate information), use proper citing format and quotations. Absolutely do not copy from other students’ internship reports.
- Primary focus must be on Section 5, detailing the tasks the intern performed during the internship. This section must be very substantial, including code snippets, design documents, screen shots as appropriate. We expect an order of magnitude more work than a class project/report. No need to include the entire project code in tens of pages.
- Be specific in your accomplishments: For example, it is not sufficient to write "you learned about how to work in teams, and how to interact with customers". Specify what approaches you have observed or tried, and how well they worked.
- Use your internship not only as a learning opportunity to broaden your horizons, but also to showcase how much you have already learned and what you are capable of for prospective future employers. Imagine the person reading your internship report is the one making the next hiring decision for you, and prepare it accordingly.
- DO NOT put each report page on a separate plastic sleeve. You may staple your report pages together, and place it in a folder, along with other deliverables. Print on both sides to avoid wasting paper.
- Each page of the internship report must be signed by the corporate supervisor. Furthermore, all pages except for the cover must have the corporate stamp.
- The intern evaluation form filled by the supervisor must arrive in a sealed envelope, with signature at the opening.
- It is best to start writing your report on the first day of internship. Here is a sample report:
- Prepare your draft internship report using Google Docs platform, and share with email@example.com (must grant edit rights) within one week of internship completion. Do not forget to email a notification, but realize that it might take about a week to receive feedback. Revise as needed per the feedback till satisfactory.
- Have the authorized firm representative sign and stamp the pages of the finalized report, add the signed/stamped intern evaluation form in a sealed envelope and mail to Asst. Prof. Dr. Kutluhan Erol, Dept of Computer Engineering, Izmir Ekonomi Universitesi Fevzi Çakmak mah. , Sakarya Cd. No:156, 35330 Balçova/İzmir. During the pandemic it is acceptable for the firm to scan and email these reports to firstname.lastname@example.org from a legitimate company email account.
- Also mail the company evaluation form to the same address above. During the pandemic, it is acceptable for you to email this form to email@example.com from your school email account.
HABER |TÜM HABERLER
Orta Doğu’nun en başarılı 10 kadınından biri oldu
İzmir Ekonomi Üniversitesi (İEÜ) Bilgisayar Mühendisliği Bölümü mezunu Melda Akın, dünyaca ünlü Forbes şirketi tarafından Orta Doğu’nun teknoloji alanındaki en başarılı 10
İş vaadiyle tuzağa düşmeyin
İnternet üzerinden vatandaşları tuzağa düşürerek kişisel verileri ele geçirmenin ve para çarpmanın yollarını arayan dolandırıcıların son taktiği, evden çalışmayı da vadeden sahte
Depremde cep telefonları hayat kurtarıyor
İzmir'i vuran 6.6'lık depremde yıkılan binaların enkazı altında kalan çok sayıda kişinin yeri, cep telefonlarından kurulan iletişim ile tespit edildi. İzmir Ekonomi