Computer Engineering (CE) students are required to perform a four-week compulsory internship before graduation. The internship process is administered by the Career Guidance Centre and Internship Commission. The internship must be done and reported according to rules specified in Izmir University of Economics Internship Booklet after carefully reading the additional information below as well as the general information in https://kariyer.ieu.edu.tr/en/staj-basvurusunda-yapilmasi-gerekenler.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Kutluhan Erol, Office: A208, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +90 (232) 488 8375
Prof. Dr. Cem Evrendilek
Asst. Prof. Dr. Alper Demir
- Internship is one of the most important components of your education. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about the industry, develop a network of connections, improve your skills, and expand your horizons. Be proactive in identifying and working on meaningful engineering tasks. At a minimum learn new tools, applications, and gather domain knowledge in the corporation’s line of business. It is acceptable to learn about/perform some computer technician tasks such as making Ethernet cables, troubleshooting printer problems, formatting disks, installing applications etc., but such tasks should not dominate your internship.
- Internship forms (staj kabul formu, ...) must be filled on computer, not by hand. We hope to move to electronic forms in the near future.
- Internship Report must be thought of as a technical report, not as a list of survey questions to be answered. Each question must be thought of as a section topic. Each section must be named appropriately, e.g. 1. General Corporate Information 2. Corporate Organizational Structure, etc. rather than 1. Question 1, 2. Question 2, etc. Do not forget to update the page numbers in the Table of Contents Section. No additional questions for CE students.
- The report must be in English. It must be well written, adhering to technical writing standards, free of grammar or spelling errors. Make sure to utilize a spell checker.
- Avoid plagiarism. When copying materials from other sources (e.g. corporate information), use proper citing format and quotations. Absolutely do not copy from other students’ internship reports.
- Primary focus must be on Section 5, detailing the tasks the intern performed during the internship. This section must be at least several pages long, including code snippets, design documents, screen shots as appropriate. No need to include the entire project code in tens of pages.
- DO NOT put each report page on a separate plastic sleeve. You may staple your report pages together, and place it in a folder, along with other deliverables. Print on both sides to avoid wasting paper.
- Each page of the internship report must be signed by the corporate supervisor. Furthermore, all pages except for the cover must have the corporate stamp.
- The intern evaluation form filled by the supervisor must arrive in a sealed envelope, with signature at the opening.
- It is best to start writing your report on the first day of internship. Here is a sample report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wCHgUfsgOzcL9132x8kEiyTpd9mCkpjL/view?usp=sharing
- Email your draft internship report for review to email@example.com within one week of internship completion. Based on feedback on the report, revise and resubmit via email as needed.
- Have the authorized firm representative sign and stamp the pages of the finalized report, have them place the signed/stamped intern evaluation form in a sealed envelope and mail to Asst. Prof. Dr. Kutluhan Erol, Dept of Computer Engineering, Izmir Ekonomi Universitesi Fevzi Çakmak mah. , Sakarya Cd. No:156, 35330 Balçova/İzmir
- Also mail the company evaluation form to the same address above.